Thank you for visiting Erik Jay Fitness & Nutrition!
This site focuses on nutrition counseling and fitness programs built around your life, dietary choices and schedule. This is about total balance that keeps you satisfied while maintaining your goals.
Whether it is obesity, hormone imbalance. diabetes, metabolic, pre-post surgery; I have knowledge and background working with various individuals in both class and private setting.
I provide services in the following areas:
* Complete nutrition counseling including protocols, shopping, meal planning/plans, instruction and ongoing observation and adjustment to maintain balance and progress (can be done with or without fitness incorporated)
* Identify the underlying causes of your chronic fatigue, even after you have been to the doctor without success
* Find out how your hormones are impacting your immune system and vice versa, so you can recover from so-called “irreversible” autoimmune and hormone imbalance conditions
* Potentially identify the source of your depression and anxiety, rather than simply band-aiding with unnecessary medication(s)
* Blood and saliva testing to determine hormonal balance, inflammation, nutrition deficiencies and overall wellness
* Weight Loss and keeping it off without gyms or shakes
* Customized nutrition focusing on inflammation, disease control, opioid use and removal, prednisone usage and removal
* Fitness training focusing on functionality, stability, strength and fat loss, all while maintaining a successful balance between your lifestyle and optimal condition
Singles, couples, small group and classroom training available.
* Personal experience of 150 pounds of weight loss. I have actually lived the nightmare. I know how it feels and I know how to deal with it better than anyone who hasn't personally been down that road.
* Experience in working with various populations ranging from anxiety, seniors, hormone imbalance, obesity, pre and post surgical procedures.
* Educated at California State University, Dominguez Hills, certified in fitness by World Instructor Training Schools and Nutrition Manager/member of the AASDN (American Academy of Sports Dietitians and Nutritionists.
* Mentored by a four time published author and leading authority in endocrinology and sports medicine
* Excellent references
* A success rate that surpasses any gym, any fad diet and any supplement.
Dr. Karlis Ullis, four-time published author and leading authority in endocrinology and sports medicine served as doctor and mentor.
"Erik Jay takes into account a person's personal genetics, family history, eating habits, and life stresses. He manages the persons overall condition. Erik is not a gym trainer, but rather is a teacher. He allows the client to take care of themselves within a few months of their initial consult.
Erik guides as he teaches. He creates meal plans to coincide with particular movement regimens that have been developed .The meal plans also compliment the client's particular lifestyle.
Erik teaches the importance of metabolic health -- how to take control of health by nutritional balance, exercise and stress management. He teaches them to avoid the yo-yo weight loss pitfall (losing weight and gaining it back plus more). I have found the yo-yo weight issues to be eliminated through his unique specific phenotypic-nutrition which in turn creates a healthy metabolic profile of hormones. Which then allow a better body composition to occur more readily.
He shows clients how to shop via on-site shopping trips to the store. He shows clients the importance of eating "clean". He teaches younger women the importance of a higher fat consumption to avoid young female triathlete issues which is a major pitfall some women run into when dieting.
He doesn't endorse any particular diet. He endoreses common sense.
He shows them how to take care of themselves and not be subject to what is often seen such as eternal hand holding from trainers and health coaches.
All of this in the comfort of your home, so Erik travels to you or they can come to his studio in Palos Verdes."
KARLIS ULLIS, M.D.
ERIK JAY FITNESS & NUTRITION